Sunday, September 20, 2009

Audrey's Birthday


Here's the story (as I remember it) of Audrey's actual birth...

I got home from church on Wednesday night 9/16 at about 8:45 pm. As I walked from my car to the front door my water broke. So, we got to the hospital shortly after 9:00 where they confirmed that indeed my water had broken. We were admitted and brought into the labor and delivery room around 10:30 pm. I had informed the nurse that I did not intend to use any drugs during labor. Then, my contractions started getting really hard and close together and each time I had a contraction Audrey's heartbeat went way down on the monitor. So, they put an oxygen mask on me and keep moving me from side to side. I was quite uncomfortable so the nurse checked me and said I was at 5cm. I decided that I wanted an epidural if I was only at a 5. So, the nurse left the room and told the anesthesiologist that I wanted an epidural. The nurse came back into the room a few minutes later and I told her that my body felt like pushing. She informed me that I could absolutely NOT push - but I told her it was a reaction and I wasn't trying to push. So, she checked me again and said I was 7cm. The doctor arrived a few minutes later and said it was ok for me to push and I didn't have time for the epidural. I started pushing and about 30 minutes later I had a beautiful baby girl on my chest! So - 8:45 pm to 12:24 am ...total labor time was 3 hours and 39 minutes.

Luke and I are absolutely LOVING being parents. We feel incredibly blessed that God has given us this gift - words can't begin to describe the love we have for Audrey - we are so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty! Congrats to you both. I am glad it was a quick birth, too. Lucky lady:) Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete