Being a stay-at-home mom is a blessing. I love spending my time with Audrey and watching her learn, grow & change everyday. I'm often times asked what I do all day...and to be honest, I don't really know what keeps me so busy! :) Audrey and I spend lots of time playing maybe running a few errands and I try to pick up after us a little bit while she sleeps. We've also been gathering lots of things to mail to Luke on a regular basis. We have lots of
play dates with little baby friends too (more on those in later post). I'm also trying to capture every moment on video or camera to show Luke what Audrey's doing. So, I don't really know exactly what I do all day, but I stay busy and have lots of fun with Audrey - I wouldn't change it for the world!
Luke is getting settled into his base in Iraq and missing us a lot. He says the base is small but has everything he needs. He found a little local shop where he was able to buy a set of 40 Western movies for about $15! That made him happy:) We're able to communicate by email almost daily and sometimes we're able to talk on "
Facebook Chat" too - SO thankful for technology!
Audrey and I are missing Luke a lot too but really happy to be in MN (despite the weather!) Here's a few pictures that I thought you'd enjoy:
Chewing on EVERYTHING in sight

Still loves her
bath time
Making lots of funny faces

Notice the fingers in her mouth - sucking on EVERYTHING :)

Giving Grandma a big sloppy kiss

Excited to go to church in her new dress
Katie-
ReplyDeleteBeing a mom--whether it be a stay-at-home mom, working mom, a mom to one, or a mom to multiple kids--is a FULL time job in itself. As teachers, we get the opportunity to experience both worlds at different times of the year...and I can honestly say that one way is just a busy as the other. You always find "something" to do! Enjoy your time with Audrey because they grow so fast. Besides, she already has her daddy so far away that it's good you can be with her. I will never regret my time home with each of the kids...and I will never regret the days I did nothing more than play with my kids and hold my babies. ;)
Stacy
I laughed really hard inside my head, when a woman from our Bible study took me aside when I was first pregnant, and told me that I would NEVER regret staying home, but that it is the MOST difficult thing you'll ever do. I thought, difficult? What on earth are you talking about? Hehe. She knew. More rewarding than any job, but more challenging too. SO happy you get to do it too :)
ReplyDelete