Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mall of America

This past week the girls and I took two (yes 2!) trips to the Mall of America. For those of you who don't or haven't had a 3 month old baby and a 2 year old toddler...this was a very big deal! Here are the details:

Trip One - Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Who: Me, G'ma Sandy, Audrey and Cece
What: Toddler Tuesday featuring Llama Llama Red Pajama
Where: MOA
When: 10:00 in the Rotunda
Why: It sounded like fun

The ride went well up to the MOA - we picked up G'ma Sandy at 8:00 and I remembered everything except my coffee (I had made the perfect cup in my favorite mug and left it on the counter, sad.) Both girls traveled happily; Cece stared out the window and Audrey watched movies on the iPad.

Grandma and Audrey sitting front row, anxiously awaiting the show.

Yoot (Look) at the Yamas (Llamas)!

Super cute and talented child performers putting on the show.

Cece and I enjoyed the show from the back

Audrey doing her craft. Not sure, how a paper bag monster goes along with the Llama show, but Audrey had fun gluing on the googly eyes and furry eyebrows in random places.

As much as she enjoyed the Llama show, I think the new "Friends" Legos were her favorite. Notice her tongue hanging out from pure concentration. 

She LOVES Woody but was not too sure of the giant Lego Woody...

She'd only get close w/Grandma holding her
Cece enjoyed the show but really missed the comfort of her own crib during naptime, poor baby

Trip 2- Saturday, February 11, 2012
Who: Me, Audrey and Cece
What: A day trip to see Uncle Tyler and Aunt Annie
Where: Bloomington
When: afternoon
Why: escape "cabin fever" and let Daddy study in peace

I wasn't sure how little baby Cece would do taking another trip to the cities...but I knew Audrey would LOVE some time w/Auntie Annie so we took a chance and it was fun for everyone!

Audrey got to go on a couple rides this time and while you can't really tell by her face, she enjoyed this little train ride

Telling Uncle Tyler where she wants to go next

Thankfully, Cece napped peacefully in her stroller this time

Brave Aunt Annie and Audrey on the super fast and jerky little cars.  I'm pretty sure Audrey would have cried on this ride if she'd gone with anyone else, but Annie snuggled her in and kept her feeling safe & happy.

Laughing about the huge Dora dolls that she wanted to bring home

Where else do you get to eat Subway on the counter?! FUN!

Annie is officially Cece's favorite now too :)

Ended the day showing Annie and Tyler her favorite scene from Beauty and the Beast on the iPad (that thing is a life saver!) 

1 comment:

  1. Impressive, Kati! Looks like A LOT of fun! Audrey's face looked pretty thrilled with it all :)

    ReplyDelete