Monday, July 26, 2010

Loving Daddy

It is hard on all military families to be apart. There are days when I feel sad, lonely, mad, frustrated, etc. However, thanks to technology (Skype) we get to feel like we're together at times. It is such an incredible blessing to be able to see each other and hear each other at the same time! One of the most amazing things is that even though Luke and Audrey have only spent about 10 weeks of her life physically together - she knows him and loves him so much. She gets extremely excited to see him on the computer...has actually started to try to get into the computer or figure out a way to get him out...but she also loves to give pictures of her daddy hugs and kisses :) I made a poster of pictures of the 2 of them together and it's hanging below the kitchen counter. I'll say to Audrey, "Let's go give Daddy kisses." or I'll ask, "Where's Daddy?" and she'll stop whatever she's doing and speed crawl over to the poster to give him hugs and kisses - too cute!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Katie! You are a great mom, and I am proud of you. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to be separated. You are a very strong woman. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could not be any sweeter! And what a great idea with the poster pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Westmans! I played ball with Luke at Gustavus and just stumbled upon your blog today through my wife's facebook. Audrey is adorable.
    It sounds weird, but Luke used to do this "flex his muscles" routine in college, and my daughter Kaia thinks it is hillarious when I "flex like Westman" for her!

    Hans Sviggum
    www.rachelandhans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete