Friday, May 11, 2012

My thoughts lately

It took me about a year or so to really be comfortable with my role as a stay-at-home-mom. It felt funny to me to just play with my baby during the day without feeling like I should be doing something more productive...like doing dishes, scrubbing floors, or other household tasks are more worthy of my time than my child. I know, crazy right? Anyways, it's been a journey, but I can honestly say that I LOVE my current job and that I'm able to enjoy all these fun (and the not-so-fun) moments w/my little ones. I no longer feel unsure when people ask me what I do all day; it's ok that I "only" spend my day changing diapers, wiping noses, playing silly games, and cutting the crusts off of pb&j sandwiches (I know, I spoil her). God has blessed me with the opportunity to be home with my children full-time and I am embracing it with joy!

Like her big sister, Cece loves to spend time swinging at the parks.

A fun new game that Audrey invented w/her "rocks"
(Thanks Nicole & girls, these rocks have brought us hours and hours of entertainment!)

Got myself a new baby carrier, the Beco Gemini, Cece and I both love it. 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. Being a stay at home mom is an interesting challenge, but i am so grateful I have this opportunity. I get asked a lot if I will go back to work once they are both in school full time. Maybe someday, but right now I am volunteering at their schools more often than I'm not, and between play dates, homework, field trips, sports/activities, church activities etc I think I will stay plenty busy even if they aren't home with me all day. Love the new carrier!

    ReplyDelete