Thursday, November 18, 2010

God's Grace

I looked at the date today and realized that Luke left for Iraq 11 months ago today. It's hard to believe that he should be home in a month or less! The date today made me think that the time really has gone by quickly and honestly, the struggles of being apart weren't as awful as I thought they'd be. I realize that if I had tried to rely on my own strength that the past 11 months would have been unbearable, but thankfully I've been able to put my trust in God and His grace has gotten us through this deployment. God surrounded me with supportive family and friends, Skype and of course blessed us with Audrey who constantly brings joy to my life.
Anyways, my main point is that without God's grace I'd be lost...I'm thankful that I've grown in my understanding of the Lord this past year and hope to continue to grow even closer to Him.
I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on Luke's upcoming return! woo-hoo!

Here's a picture of one of Audrey's latest "signs", she raising her hand to ask for help or "pell" if you ask her :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome perspective. Love it. So happy he is coming home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete