Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

The national holiday today has become very personal for our family since Luke is currently serving our country in Iraq. I never understood the sacrifice these brave men and women (and their families) make until this past year. Of course you can never really understand something until you've experienced it for yourself. While I understand how it feels to be an army wife, I will never fully understand the selflessness of our soldiers. I can't fathom leaving the people I love so dearly for the benefit of people I don't even know. I am truly grateful and forever thankful to everyone who has or is currently guarding our freedom...something I know I have taken for granted and hope to cherish from now on. We love you Luke!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the few times that Luke and Audrey have spent together :)
Love at first sight...
She has to be feeling SO safe & loved here

These were taken days before he deployed...
This one really captures how we were all feeling

Yay! Back home with us for 2 whole weeks:)

2+6+2=10
2 weeks when she was first born, 6 weeks before deployment, and 2 weeks during R&R = 10 weeks together.
We are incredibly thankful for the time he's been able to spend with us! It's hard to believe he'll be back for good in about a month! Can't wait to post new pictures then :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just explaining to the girls what Veterans Day is all about, and Hadley thought of your Luke :) We are very thankful for him, today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I am very humbled. Thank you, Luke! Katie, you are so strong! I didn't even realize it has only been 10 weeks that you have been together this year. Hugs to you and can't wait for him to join you for good soon.

    ReplyDelete