Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

We've been trying to stay focused on the real reason for Easter around here and it has made me take notice of how our world has seemed to forget the reason we celebrate. I have no idea when or how the easter bunny came along (I'm sure a quick Google search could answer this for me) but somehow he has managed to take over this time of year. I don't recall every telling Audrey about the easter bunny but even at 2.5 she is well aware of who he is. He smiles and waves to her at the mall, he is plastered over all the windows and candy at the grocery store, and he is the stuffed bunny that sings to her at home. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to shelter her so much from the world that she is overwhelmed as a teenager and catapults into rebellion the first chance she gets, but I would like for her to know that the real reason we celebrate holidays in our home and Easter has nothing to do with a stuffed bunny that brings you eggs full of candy! We celebrate Easter because Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for our sins. I'm thankful that my husband takes his role in leading our family seriously, we have been doing Bible studies and teaching Audrey (and Cece) that Jesus died to take away our sins and that not even death could keep him. She knows that Jesus is alive and God always wins! If you have not taken the time to watch "The Passion of the Christ" then I would love for you to join us in this yearly tradition (NOT with your young children) it is a movie that will bring you to tears at the thought of the cost of our own sins and overwhelm my fellow believers with joy knowing that Christ's blood has covered our sins and made us righteous in God's eyes. Thanks be to God!

Have a Blessed Easter
 I think a post without pictures is boring, here's a recent one of each of the little cuties who are learning all about Jesus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment