Yesterday marked another "first" in the life of our big 3-year-old: First Ballet Class. She was thrilled about the idea and wore her leotard, leggings and bun all morning in anticipation of class after nap time. I ended up having to wake her up for class (thanks to the UPS delivery man and neighbor kids ringing the doorbell at nap time which lead to mid-nap tears and a later wake-up time) ANYWAYS she sobbed the entire way to class and I was wondering if I should even be making her go...but it was totally worth it. Parents aren't allowed in the classroom so I was the creeper-mom looking through the window in the door and she spent the first few minutes of class staring w/her serious little face and shaking her head "no" at her teacher but thankfully woke-up once they broke out the princess crowns and tu-tus and continued to have a blast for the rest of the class time. She LOVES her new ballet shoes and wants to wear them everywhere. Can't wait for next week :)
She was opposed to posing for pics, so this was the best I got...I'll try again next week:


No comments:
Post a Comment