Monday, January 23, 2012

Attempted At-Home Photo Shoot

I have a hard time putting into words how much love these two little girls take up in my heart. I want so badly to capture their happy little faces and perfectly silly expressions. I am also trying to be more conservative with our money and stick to a budget. So, I set out to do my own photo shoot with my girls and my fancy camera with high hopes of getting a few great shots...I was trying to be fun and just ended up getting frustrated instead. From now on I will practice my photography skills on more predictable and non-moving objects and hire someone to take photos of my adorable, silly, impossible-to-photograph toddler :)

Here are some of the outtakes:


Here are the ones I could possibly consider framing:




Not bad...but it took me almost all day long! So, for now I've decided that I'd rather just play and enjoy their smiles instead of spending my time worrying about the what the girls are wearing or the lighting, and background of our play area :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a VERY fine job! When the last professional photographer came to our house, I watched her very carefully to see where the best places were... She set up a neutral colored chair facing the windows - like your front window. It gave her lit shots without having to use her flash. I've used it ever since :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok you always get great pictures of your girls...that is good advice for my next attempt :)

      Delete
  2. I think they look great!! The girls are just adorable, and hopefully we can get up there soon so I can get my camera on their beautiful little faces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet to say that. However, I know that you would take AMAZING photos of them...you are one talented lady :) Hope we can get you up here to play and have some fun girl time soon!

      Delete