Thursday, January 19, 2012

Name Art Canvas

I have a new addiction hobby where I enjoy spending time lately: Pinterest. There is an incredible wealth of knowledge from recipes, clothing, education, to Do It Yourself art projects for toddlers. I found this fun project there and decided that we should give it a try. The original idea came from this blog"Attack of the Twins" It was really fun and pretty easy too!

I first tried using masking tape, but Audrey's name has too many letters with curves in it. So, I consulted my brilliant Mom and she suggested that I printed the letters using my favorite font. 

Then I traced the cut out letters onto contact paper

cut them out and stuck them on my canvas. I was worried because they didn't seem sticky enough, but it worked out great.

I decided to use glitter poster paint because I thought it'd be fun to have sparkles.

Audrey was a little cautious at first (notice the wipes nearby since she doesn't like her hands to get dirty) but she really enjoyed it in the end.

contact paper still on...

it was really easy to pull the contact paper off

and, TA-DA, the finished project on her wall.
Think how cute it'd look if I was able to paint some color on our walls...someday :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute!! I am so copying you ;) Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete